Question by Laksawoohoo: Is it possible to get into F&C Music for a foreigner? (CN Blue, FT Island)?
1. I’m an Asian with the same skin color as a Korean, and I’m wondering whether it’s possible for a foreigner to join F&C Music? I’m studying Korean now and would be proficient in a few years time.
2. I wish to audition to get in to F&C Music when I’m 21 years old. I know it will be quite old for me if I were to audition for SM Entertainment, JYP, YG etc… but is it okay for F&C Music? I know that FT Island members started very early when most of them are 17/18 years old, and CN Blue’s oldest member is 21.
3. I’m confident that I will be extremely proficient in playing guitar and in singing because I have practiced for a very long time and will continue to practice till I am 21. I play the guitar, piano and I practice singing on my own. I am 16 now by the way. So do I still need to undergo an extremely rigorous training schedule? I have composed a few songs on my own, and more to come over the next few years. Will i be able to share my songs with the company? I’m not boasting that I’m excellent in music, but I believe hard work will definitely pay off, right?
4. Let’s say that I do get into the company, will I be teamed with a few members to form a band? (well, I’m kinda hoping for that)
5. Will I live in a dormitory with other trainees?
6. How long will it take to debut? What if I’m very good at singing and playing my instruments?
I’m kinda worried that I’ll be too old to break into the Korean music industry, so is it okay for me? I will be setting up a Youtube channel too, can I use that as an advantage? Once it garners popularity…
I’m not boasting or bragging that I’m all-that-awesome, but I think I’m cut out for what it takes to become a musician. I’ve received compliments that I should become a girl because of my height and good looks but I would never want to embark on that kind of a career; as music is and will always be my passion.
I would really appreciate it if anyone would answer my question because I’m dead set on music as part of my career and I really wish to live in Korea in the future.
Is 21 really too old? And will they accept foreigners? I mean say someone who looks like a Korean and speaks fluent Korean?
Answer by Julia
if you are any good you will prosper
Add your own answer in the comments!